As a fast growing company, BioAxial is always on the lookout for highly motivated professionals. Our team brings together optical engineers, experts in image processing, mathematicians, physicists, biologists and life science business professionals who all enjoy working together in turning invisible into visible! Should you wish to participate in BioAxial’s growth, please send your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Division: Operations and Development
Reports to: CTO
Location: BioAxial, Paris
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to research, design, develop and test software solutions for the super-resolution microscopy industry. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to test and deployment.
Ultimately, the role of the Software Engineer is to build high quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards, technical design and user requirements. This will be achieved by working closely with other members of the team such as QA Engineers and Field Application Engineers.
In this role you will:
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Participate in software design, produce specifications, flow charts, layouts and documentation to identify user requirements and solutions
- Break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing system functionality
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures working closely with the QA Engineer
- Work as an individual contributor and take guidance from senior members of the team
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/Kanban and continuous integration
- Perform application support working with the customer and system engineer to diagnose, and resolve customer reported issues and anomalies
- Contribute and support process improvements, which guide development, sustaining and support activities of the product
- Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
Essential Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years relevant software design and development experience preferably on shipped consumer products and platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- Strong working knowledge of C/C++ and Object Oriented Development for software and/or hardware component integration
- Experience developing with QT UI framework on Windows Platform preferred
- Must be flexible and a quick learner with strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and cooperation / teamwork skills
- Experience with revision control and issue tracking using tools like MantisBT, JIRA, Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience of working in an agile development process within a cross-functional team
- A flare for UI design with the ability to transform functional requirements into easy to use GUIs
- Familiar with MATLAB and Python
- Programming experience on GPU acceleration with CUDA
- Device integration experience with FPGA using VHDL (Xilinx or similar)
- Understanding of image processing development and analysis
- English fluency (spoken and written)
If you’d like to join our team, and looking for exciting and challenging work in a cutting-edge technology, just send us your resume.