As a fast growing company, BioAxial is always on the lookout for highly motivated professionals. Our team brings together optical engineers, experts in image processing, mathematicians, physicists, biologists and life science business professionals who all enjoy working together in turning invisible into visible! Should you wish to participate in BioAxial’s growth, please send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internship in Intellectual Property
Master of Law Level (6 months, start as soon as possible)
Division: Research and Science
Reports to: CSO
Location: BioAxial, 75014 Paris
A patent portfolio comprising 11 patent families supports the CODIM technology. So far, twenty patents have been issued to BioAxial, including five in the US and three in Japan. This portfolio is one of the most ambitious and richest in the field and covers both BioAxial’s technology and some potential developments in competing technologies.
In addition, it protects the new generation of Super Resolution systems, announced in 2016, capable of achieving nanometer resolution on living objects and thus addressing the fundamental question of « dynamic visualization of a virus penetrating a cell « .
The intern aims to:
- Perform a synthesis and rationalization of the patent portfolio in order to explain and visualize adequately the scope of BioAxial’s intellectual property.
- Compile the intellectual property of the other actors in the industry, producing a study of points of friction between the intellectual property of BioAxial and those of the other actors.
- Prepare a strategic file to enable management to make the choice of elements on which BioAxial could use additional legal means to protect its rights
- Prepare files in case of « litigation » – offensive or defensive, in the US or in Europe
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of knowledge, skills, and experience:
- A student in Master of Law in Intellectual Property
- Excellent analytical and communication skills in English
- Ability to multi-task and deal with quickly shifting priorities
- Ability to work dedicatedly with varying levels of supervision
- A background in Physics, Biology or Microscopy (especially Fluorescence Microscopy) is a plus.
- Speaking French is a plus, but not mandatory.
If you’d like to join our team, and looking for exciting and challenging work in a cutting-edge technology, just send us your resume.