As a fast growing company, BioAxial is always on the lookout for highly motivated professionals. Our team brings together optical engineers, experts in image processing, mathematicians, physicists, biologists and life science business professionals who all enjoy working together in turning invisible into visible! Should you wish to participate in BioAxial’s growth, please send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Division: Operations and Development
Reports to: CEO
Location: BioAxial, 75014 Paris
We are looking for a passionate Applications Engineer with a strong cell biology background and hands-on experience in fluorescent microscopy. The individual must be motivated to take on new challenges, be able to multi-task and work independently. He or she should also possess the charisma to interact with customers professionally and have the ability to communicate technical details clearly and patiently.
The Applications Engineer is considered to be an expert user of our CODIM products, understanding what it takes to develop a new product in the super-resolution microscopy industry and that meets the needs of our customers. This will be achieved by working closely with the product development team, evaluating new solutions for viability in the pre-concept, implementation and validation phases of new product development.
In this role you will:
- Plan and drive applications support and training throughout the product management process.
- Present and demonstrate our products and technologies in person and online.
- Manage the biological sample preparation process for customer demonstrations and internal use, which is essential for image quality validation.
- Cultivate positive customer relationships, strengthening existing relationships, and identify and develop new sales potential in the super-resolution market to maximize sales revenues.
- Represent and promote BioAxial in a professional manner at trade fairs and conferences.
- Proactively provide competitive intelligence and technology updates to the wider BioAxial team, continually compiling market information in order to assist in the shaping of future company strategy.
- Actively develop content for application notes and publications in association with our customers in order to increase business opportunities.
- Work alongside the product development team helping to identify customer requirements, best implementation solutions and technical direction for potential product applications.
- Assist in the product validation phase with the view of signing off specific application implementations against product specifications.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of qualifications and experience:
- Typically 2+ years of professional experience in a relevant commercial, academia or fundamental research (drug discovery or cancer therapy) establishment.
- Masters or PhD university degree in a science discipline (cell biology preferred).
- Excellent, enthusiastic and clear written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Proven track record of presentations and/or publications.
- Able to work on own initiative and build good business relationships.
- Must be results-oriented, flexible and a quick learner with a strong analytical mind.
- Experience with super-resolution, confocal or widefield fluorescent microscopy for biological research
- In-depth knowledge of sample preparation techniques and processes (desirable).
- Experience in selling or supporting technical and high-value microscopy products (desirable).
- Understanding of new product development and management techniques in a fast-changing industry (desirable).
- Great business sense and desire to elevate position in the marketplace.
- Willing to travel occasionally
Internship in Intellectual Property
Master of Law Level (6 months, start as soon as possible)
Division: Research and Science
Reports to: CSO
Location: BioAxial, 75014 Paris
A patent portfolio comprising 11 patent families supports the CODIM technology. So far, twenty patents have been issued to BioAxial, including five in the US and three in Japan. This portfolio is one of the most ambitious and richest in the field and covers both BioAxial’s technology and some potential developments in competing technologies.
In addition, it protects the new generation of Super Resolution systems, announced in 2016, capable of achieving nanometer resolution on living objects and thus addressing the fundamental question of « dynamic visualization of a virus penetrating a cell « .
The intern aims to:
- Perform a synthesis and rationalization of the patent portfolio in order to explain and visualize adequately the scope of BioAxial’s intellectual property.
- Compile the intellectual property of the other actors in the industry, producing a study of points of friction between the intellectual property of BioAxial and those of the other actors.
- Prepare a strategic file to enable management to make the choice of elements on which BioAxial could use additional legal means to protect its rights
- Prepare files in case of « litigation » – offensive or defensive, in the US or in Europe
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of knowledge, skills, and experience:
- A student in Master of Law in Intellectual Property
- Excellent analytical and communication skills in English
- Ability to multi-task and deal with quickly shifting priorities
- Ability to work dedicatedly with varying levels of supervision
- A background in Physics, Biology or Microscopy (especially Fluorescence Microscopy) is a plus.
- Speaking French is a plus, but not mandatory.
If you’d like to join our team, and looking for exciting and challenging work in a cutting-edge technology, just send us your resume.